How to Choose the Right Types of Dallas Hair Extensions
So, you’ve decided to take the plunge and start doing some research about hair extensions… You are digging around and all of sudden become more than a little overwhelmed.
There is tons and tons of information floating out there in the cybershpere. A lot of it is misleading and can set you up for an epic fail.
Ugly weave is not becoming on anyone!
The Beauty Box Salon offers 5 types of Dallas hair extensions technology. Most major hair extension brands and methods will fall into one of these categories:
- Clip-in Hair Extensions | Clip in hair extensions are a take on the now classic wefted hair extension. Clips are sewn onto the wefted hair which allows them to be quickly attached… click here to read more
- Halo Hair Extensions | Clip free is the latest and greatest. A monofilament wire holds the hair extensions in place in lieu of clips.
- Tape-in Hair Extensions | A tape in hair extension consists of a base that has some sort of medical grade adhesive tape used to attach the extensions to the hair. The base can… click here to read more
- Fusion or Strand by Strand Hair Extensions | Fusion hair extensions or strand by strand is the process of attaching 25-30 individual strands of hair using a variety of bonding agents. A full length… click here to read more
- Microlink or Loc Extensions | This method goes by several different names, Microlinks, locks, locs and even microcylinder. It is based on the same idea as fusion hair extensions…click here to read more.
Permanent vs Temporary Hair Extensions
A permanent hair extension stays in the hair from 4 weeks up to 4 months depending upon the method.
A temporary hair extension (clip-in hair extensions) is applied for the night and taken out before you go to bed.
You cannot substitute clip-in hair extensions for permanent. The clips are fine for an evening, however, extended wear can cause you some major issues.
The clips can cause strain and cause breakage up to alopecia areata. Basically, it can make your thin fine hair even worse.
If you are unsure about hair extensions I suggest trying a clip-in extension system to get your sea legs.
If you are ready to jump in and have the hair of your dreams all the time… then take the plunge into permanent extensions. Just keep in mind that even though it says permanent, it actually does come out eventually.
The best part is if it is done properly your hair should be exactly as it was before you had extensions applied.
When it doubt, book it out. The Beauty Box stylists love hair extensions and are always eager to do a free consult.